Ok, I assume that you wanted to view your MMS message, but failed due to some circumstances.
I understand your feeling and you’re so mad about it. Relax and take a deep breath.
To make things simple, refer to the guide I’ve made for:
If you have time, you can always refer to Maxis FAQs for unsupported MMS Phones. Take note that unline popular brand such as iPhone, Samsung, Nokia, Sony Ericsson and HTC, unbranded China-made phone also require MMS settings.
Receive Picture or Video Messages with Non-MMS Phones.
If your mobile phone is not MMS compatible, you will not be able to send or receive MMS on your mobile phone.
However we do not discard MMS sent to you. You will be able to view them on Maxis MMS Gallery, where an SMS notification with a password will inform you to logon to www.maxis.com.my/mms.
All you need to do is:
# Log in with your Maxis mobile number 60 12XXXXXXX and password given via SMS notification.
# Click on “Inbox” and select the video message attachments received.
# Click on the picture/ video message attachment from the relevant senders.
* Note that a multimedia player (e.g Quick Time version 6.3 from www.quicktime.com) is needed in your PC to view the video message from MMS Gallery.
maxis.com.my/mms viewing problem using Firefox
If you encounter this problem while using Mozilla Firefox:
- just click the Or you can add an exception.
- Just click “Add Exception” button if you see “You should not add an exception if you are using an internet connection that you do not trust completely or if you are not used to seeing a warning for this server.”
- Click “Get Certificate”
- Click “Confirm Security Exception”
maxis.com.my/mms viewing problem using Internet Explorer
If you encounter this problem while using Internet Explorer:
- You can see an error saying:
There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.
The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.
The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website’s address.
Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
- Click the “Continue to this website (not recommended)”
- A Security Warning popup box will showed up.
- Click “Yes”
Maxis still sucks big time
Still got problem and unhappy, please contact Maxis Customer Service.
When you have a question or a problem, just call Maxis Customer Service Numbers. You’ll always find a friendly and helpful Customer Care Consultant available (I didn’t say that, they put it in their website) to offer you the world-class customer care that you’ve come to expect from Maxis.
- For inquiries & Assistance for any Maxis service, you may dial 123 from any Maxis phone or 1 800 82 1123 from any other phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may also fax to 03 74922950. You can also contact Maxis at +60374922123 if you are abroad.
- For any Fault Repair Dial 1202 from any Maxis phone or 1 800 82 1202 from any other phone.
- For Stolen SIM Card/ Mobile Phone, dial 123 from any Maxis phone or 1 800 82 1123 from any other phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may also fax to 03 74922950
- For Pay-by-Phone Service, dial 1 800 821 222 from any phone. You need to register for this service at a Maxis Centre near you.
- For any collections, dial 1 800 821 228 from any phone.
You may also find these Maxis URL useful and relevant: